Two of my favorite things...parties and Twilight! So I combined the two and had a Twilight party to celebrate the release of the DVD. It was a blast (it was also a week ago...I'm so behind, but I just had to post these pics!)
James greeted my guests at the door...I thought the "you brought a snack" was so cute because everyone brought a snack!
Here are a few shots of my decor. I had a few people tell me they weren't expecting decorations. Do they not know me at all! Anna loved the decorations and wanted to help with everything (that's my girl!). She said "Mommy, is it your BIRTHDAY?" I was a little confused and said, "no, mommy's birthday is in August". And she said "then why are you having a party?!?!" I guess that's one of the benefits of being an adult. You can have a party whenever you want!
We started the evening off with some Twilight Trivia. It covers all four books and the movie. Everyone thought it was pretty hard. Melissa won with 34 out of 40 and Alissa came in second with 30 out of 40...very well done ladies! I will paste in the questions at the end of my post for those of you who would like to give it a shot!
I mentioned that everyone brought "a snack". Actually, they brought a twilight-themed snack. I was so proud to have such creative friends! I didn't think to take pictures until after we started consuming, so everything doesn't look quite as pretty as it started out.
The prize went to Jessica for "Rosalie's Werewolf Kibble". I think the dog bowl was the perfect touch!
Second place was Lacy's "O+". A very yummy interpretation of what Bella drank during her pregnancy.
Here are some pictures of the group. Don't you love it when someone snaps your picture while you're eating?
Watching the movie was a blast! We sort of picked it apart (in a loving way!) I will never watch it again without thinking about Bella's constantly open "wants to be kissed" mouth. Thanks Linsey! My biggest pet peeve about the movie (besides the butchered meadow scene) is Rosalie's roots! Come on, vampires don't have roots. Thankfully, I read that she is wearing a wig in New Moon. Sorry...back to the party!
Everyone left with a party favor. Twilight Conversation Hearts...aren't they fun!
I can't wait to throw a New Moon party!
Here is the trivia I promised (the formatting is a little off):
1. What day is Bella’s Birthday?
2. Name the Cullens in order of induction into the family
3. What food did Edward eat to show Bella what happens when he eats food?
4. When and where was Edward born?
a. 1918, New York
b. 1901, New York
c. 1918, Chicago
d. 1901, Chicago
5. What happens to vampires in the sun?
6. Name one of Bella’s teachers at Forks high.
7. Where does Bella’s mom move to at the end of the book?
8. Where does James lure Bella?
9. What color were Edward’s eyes before he became a vampire?
10. Who is not one of the 3 Volturi?
11. Name one of the 3 things Bella got for her birthday from the Cullens.
12. What is Edward’s FULL name?
13. Who finds Bella in the forest after Edward leaves?
14. What type of music does Bella put on in Jessica’s car on the way to Port Angeles?
15. What is Sam’s Fiancée’s name?
16. What kind of car does Alice “borrow” in Italy?
17. What book is Bella re-reading?
18. What foreign country does Bella call herself?
19. How many people has Rosalie killed?
20. Where is Jasper from?
21. Who was Rosalie set to marry (as a human)?
a. Bryant Knight
b. Royce King
c. Garrett Prince
d. Bryant Duke
22. What two charms does Bella have on her bracelet?
23. What does Jacob call himself in the tent?
24. What city does Charlie want Bella to stay away from?
25. What does the cover of Breaking Dawn represent?
a. A chess game Edward and Alice playing
b. It does not represent anything; Stephenie had no choice in the matter
c. Bella starting out as the weakest, but ending up the strongest
d. Edward protecting weak Bella
26. What is the name of Edward and Bella’s daughter?
27. Who ratted out the Cullens about their daughter?
28. Who does Bella hire as her bodyguard so Edward won’t force her to get an abortion?
29. What makes Bella so mad that she almost kills Jacob as soon as she is a newborn vampire?
30. What is Bella's power as a vampire?
31. Why does Alice leave?
32. What is the title of the final chapter? (Do not open the book!)
33. What is the population of Forks?
34. What color is Bella’s comforter set?
35. In Biology class, what is the prize for the first team to correctly identify the stages of mitosis?
36. Who was the first “out” in the baseball game?
37. What does Bella order the 1st time she goes into the diner?
38. What is the Forks high prom theme?
39. What food does Edward compare his diet to?
40. What is your favorite scene from the movie?
I'll post the answers in a few days.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Posted by Aubrey at 11:02 PM
Monday, March 9, 2009
On Saturday I was able to go on a date with my Abbott. We went to see “Magic Tree House: The Musical” at The Walton Arts Center.
Here is Abbott before the show. Unfortunately, we couldn’t take ANY pictures during the show (even without a flash). I decided to be a good example and obey.
The show was actually pretty good…better than I expected. Abbott’s favorite part was when all of the people in Camelot were frozen. He thought it was pretty neat that they could stay still so long. He tried it, but discovered that being still isn’t one of his talents. My favorite part was when Jack and Annie fought off the dragons!
During intermission we saw Mary Pope Osborne (the author of MTH) sitting a few rows behind us.
The picture is a little blurry because there were so many kids moving around and I didn’t want to use the flash. I figured pictures were legal because it wasn’t actually part of the show, but I didn’t want to draw attention to myself. It was really neat to see her. She was on stage before the show and talked about how she doesn’t go to many shows, but she really wanted to come to Fayetteville because of all the neat things the Walton Arts Center was doing.
After the show with Jack and Annie (sort of...)
After the show we went to lunch. I really, really love going on dates with my kids. We only do it a couple times a year (each), and I think that is what makes it really special. I get to spoil them for this one day. Soda with lunch? Sure. 50 cents for the dumb claw game? Sure. Eat without your hands? (only Abbott!) Sure. You get the picture. All of the things that I say no to every other day of the year suddenly become a yes.
Needless to say, they LOVE dates with mom! Abbott gave me a big hug on Saturday and said “this is the best date ever!”
Which is why I do it. I want them to love dates with mom when they are 16. Do you think there is a chance? It will probably cost me more than 50 cents.
Posted by Aubrey at 2:32 PM
Friday, March 6, 2009
I am a little psychotic about my Thin Mints. I hoard them, I love them, I eat way too many off them. Thank goodness they can only be purchased once a year!
Seriously, they have to be laced with some kind of illegal substance. How else could they be so addicting? Those sneaky girl scouts!
When I was pregnant with Adeline, I went in for a monthly doctor's appointment. I gained 12 pounds that month, and I had to tell Dr. Sarver that it was all Thin Mints (I went to Wal-Mart two weekends in a row when they were selling them out front, and re-loaded up. I now have a rule that I only get what I originally order. I have forbidden myself from getting anywhere near Wal-Mart or Sam's Club on Saturday!)
Restricting myself to the six boxes that I originally ordered has made me a little nuttier about hoarding them. Seriously, can the kids appreciate the pure joy of a Thin Mint?
I try to only eat them when I'm alone, so I don't have to share. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. So I figured it out. When the kids say "mommy can I have one of your cookies?" I sweetly say "Sure honey, let me get you one."
Then, I reach into the cabinet and pull out one of these
Keebler Grasshopper cookies. For the record, I don't like them. They are a sad imitation of a Thin Mint and have a weird texture.
BUT...kids can't tell the difference!
So I get to be the nice mom that shares her cookies, but I don't actually have to share any of my cookies!
I feel so smart.
Posted by Aubrey at 9:13 AM