Wednesday, September 9, 2009

80's Party II

If you read my last post, you know that I threw myself a big 80's themed birthday party. What I didn't mention was how sad my kiddos were when they found out they weren't invited!

They have been watching me plan this party for months. Buying goodies and party favors and prizes that they thought looked like a lot of fun.

The look on their faces when I told them they weren't going to the party broke my heart! So I promised them that they could eat all of the leftover junk food and we would have our own 80's party.

So we strung some neon tulle around the house and Abbott pulled out toys that he thought seemed 80's (that boy is all about parties and decorating...I think he's going to take after his mama!)

Aaron and I pulled out our outfits and put them on the kids. Adeline is wearing my shirt as a floor length dress. She has on my belt and heels and she's wearing my green earrings as bracelets! Anna loved my lacy black skirt and leg warmers.




Abbott was really excited to wear the rocker hair and tattoo arm! That boy is crazy! He danced like a maniac and beat his dad in the air guitar showdown.


Aiden is a little more reserved than his brother, but he looked great in the leather jacket.


We played a game with all of the 80's pictures that I had printed off to hang on the walls. They tried to guess who or what the picture was of. They got a few...like Mr. T. Some of their guesses were hilarious. For Madonna they guessed Taylor Swift, for the New Kids on the Block they guessed The Jonas Brothers, and for an Atari they guessed "the original wii"...we had to give them that one!

We had so much fun playing and dancing to some great 80's music and I gave them leftover slap bracelets and sunglasses. They have asked to have another 80's party every single day since. I think I made up for not inviting them to the party.

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

How fun! The kids look great in your get-ups!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I love your kids! What a fun idea to give them a little party too!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Darrell wants to know why none of your kids wore Aaron's pants?!:)

Anonymous said...

You're such great parents! And, I must say, they look even better than we did! =D