Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

I LOVE fall! I love crisp mornings and sunny afternoons. I love warm sweaters and apple pie. I love changing leaves and two weeks off school. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. And I really, really love our annual trip to the pumpkin patch!

As I sit here writing this I am wondering why I love taking my kiddos to the pumpkin patch. Is it the smelly animals or the muddy shoes? The overpriced pumpkins or the drive to the middle of nowhere?

All of the above! I love letting letting everyone loose to go find their perfect pumpkin! And I love that it is a tradition to meet grandma, cousin Lexi, and Aunt Brittany for the hunt! It is convenient that Lexi's birthday falls close to Halloween so we can always do both in the same weekend.

I could hardly keep up with Adeline as she ran around the place. I got her to sit still for half a second for this picture.

 


She picked her pumpkin. It's almost as big as she is!
 


Anna tried really hard to find a pumpkin she liked. I think she examined every pumpkin there. Unfortunately, every pumpkin had a flaw. She was interested in the green ones still attached to the vine, and was disappointed when I told her she couldn't take those.
 


She ended up choosing two tiny gourds instead of a pumpkin. We told her she couldn't carve them, but she couldn't be swayed. She loves her little gourds. Anna definitely marches to the beat of her own drum!
 
Posted by Picasa


Abbott likes BIG pumpkins. Mom vetoed his first choice. When you are paying by the pound, you have to have some limits :)



Not bad for a second choice...and still pretty big!



A little help from brother!



Aiden had the hardest time choosing. He's such a perfectionist! He hunted and hunted!



Looks good!

4 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I love Anna's choices! What a fun tradition to meet up each year! We have yet to get to the pumpkin patch- we are going to be in HUGE trouble if we don't make it soon!

Bench Family said...

How fun! We tried 2 different pumpkin patches on Saturday and they were both closed! We'll have to get on top of it earlier next year.

Rachel Benefield said...

Looks like alot of fun! Where did you go?

Leslie said...

I love fall pumpkin pictures. It was great to see pics of your kids.