Friday, March 6, 2009

How to keep your kids away from the Thin Mints



I am a little psychotic about my Thin Mints. I hoard them, I love them, I eat way too many off them. Thank goodness they can only be purchased once a year!

Seriously, they have to be laced with some kind of illegal substance. How else could they be so addicting? Those sneaky girl scouts!

When I was pregnant with Adeline, I went in for a monthly doctor's appointment. I gained 12 pounds that month, and I had to tell Dr. Sarver that it was all Thin Mints (I went to Wal-Mart two weekends in a row when they were selling them out front, and re-loaded up. I now have a rule that I only get what I originally order. I have forbidden myself from getting anywhere near Wal-Mart or Sam's Club on Saturday!)

Restricting myself to the six boxes that I originally ordered has made me a little nuttier about hoarding them. Seriously, can the kids appreciate the pure joy of a Thin Mint?

I try to only eat them when I'm alone, so I don't have to share. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. So I figured it out. When the kids say "mommy can I have one of your cookies?" I sweetly say "Sure honey, let me get you one."

Then, I reach into the cabinet and pull out one of these



Keebler Grasshopper cookies. For the record, I don't like them. They are a sad imitation of a Thin Mint and have a weird texture.

BUT...kids can't tell the difference!

So I get to be the nice mom that shares her cookies, but I don't actually have to share any of my cookies!

I feel so smart.

6 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Way to be sneaky Aubrey! Enjoy your thin mints.

Chris 'n Leah said...

MMMMMMMMmmmm sounds yummy...wanna share? Just kidding!
Wanna know who's really sneaky? It's those girl scouts with their delicous cookies on every Walmart "corner". Enjoy your cookies.

Nicole said...

I actually really like the grasshopper cookies... and now I'm so curious for a taste test to compare the difference. Would you be willing to share one with me??? =)

Leslie said...

way to rock out your mom skilz!

Brigette Little said...

Clever!

Maria Draper said...

hanks to you I now have a box saved away for a rainy day.