Saturday, March 28, 2009

Twilight Party!



Two of my favorite things...parties and Twilight! So I combined the two and had a Twilight party to celebrate the release of the DVD. It was a blast (it was also a week ago...I'm so behind, but I just had to post these pics!)

James greeted my guests at the door...I thought the "you brought a snack" was so cute because everyone brought a snack!



Here are a few shots of my decor. I had a few people tell me they weren't expecting decorations. Do they not know me at all! Anna loved the decorations and wanted to help with everything (that's my girl!). She said "Mommy, is it your BIRTHDAY?" I was a little confused and said, "no, mommy's birthday is in August". And she said "then why are you having a party?!?!" I guess that's one of the benefits of being an adult. You can have a party whenever you want!










We started the evening off with some Twilight Trivia. It covers all four books and the movie. Everyone thought it was pretty hard. Melissa won with 34 out of 40 and Alissa came in second with 30 out of 40...very well done ladies! I will paste in the questions at the end of my post for those of you who would like to give it a shot!

I mentioned that everyone brought "a snack". Actually, they brought a twilight-themed snack. I was so proud to have such creative friends! I didn't think to take pictures until after we started consuming, so everything doesn't look quite as pretty as it started out.
















The prize went to Jessica for "Rosalie's Werewolf Kibble". I think the dog bowl was the perfect touch!



Second place was Lacy's "O+". A very yummy interpretation of what Bella drank during her pregnancy.



Here are some pictures of the group. Don't you love it when someone snaps your picture while you're eating?







Watching the movie was a blast! We sort of picked it apart (in a loving way!) I will never watch it again without thinking about Bella's constantly open "wants to be kissed" mouth. Thanks Linsey! My biggest pet peeve about the movie (besides the butchered meadow scene) is Rosalie's roots! Come on, vampires don't have roots. Thankfully, I read that she is wearing a wig in New Moon. Sorry...back to the party!

Everyone left with a party favor. Twilight Conversation Hearts...aren't they fun!



I can't wait to throw a New Moon party!

Here is the trivia I promised (the formatting is a little off):

Twilight Trivia

twilight

1. What day is Bella’s Birthday?

2. Name the Cullens in order of induction into the family

3. What food did Edward eat to show Bella what happens when he eats food?

4. When and where was Edward born?
a. 1918, New York
b. 1901, New York
c. 1918, Chicago
d. 1901, Chicago

5. What happens to vampires in the sun?

6. Name one of Bella’s teachers at Forks high.

7. Where does Bella’s mom move to at the end of the book?

8. Where does James lure Bella?

new moon

9. What color were Edward’s eyes before he became a vampire?

10. Who is not one of the 3 Volturi?
a. Caius
b. Aro
c. Demetri
d. Marcus

11. Name one of the 3 things Bella got for her birthday from the Cullens.

12. What is Edward’s FULL name?

13. Who finds Bella in the forest after Edward leaves?

14. What type of music does Bella put on in Jessica’s car on the way to Port Angeles?

15. What is Sam’s FiancĂ©e’s name?

16. What kind of car does Alice “borrow” in Italy?

eclipse


17. What book is Bella re-reading?

18. What foreign country does Bella call herself?

19. How many people has Rosalie killed?

20. Where is Jasper from?

21. Who was Rosalie set to marry (as a human)?
a. Bryant Knight
b. Royce King
c. Garrett Prince
d. Bryant Duke
22. What two charms does Bella have on her bracelet?

23. What does Jacob call himself in the tent?

24. What city does Charlie want Bella to stay away from?

breaking dawn

25. What does the cover of Breaking Dawn represent?
a. A chess game Edward and Alice playing
b. It does not represent anything; Stephenie had no choice in the matter
c. Bella starting out as the weakest, but ending up the strongest
d. Edward protecting weak Bella

26. What is the name of Edward and Bella’s daughter?

27. Who ratted out the Cullens about their daughter?

28. Who does Bella hire as her bodyguard so Edward won’t force her to get an abortion?

29. What makes Bella so mad that she almost kills Jacob as soon as she is a newborn vampire?

30. What is Bella's power as a vampire?

31. Why does Alice leave?

32. What is the title of the final chapter? (Do not open the book!)

Movie

33. What is the population of Forks?

34. What color is Bella’s comforter set?

35. In Biology class, what is the prize for the first team to correctly identify the stages of mitosis?

36. Who was the first “out” in the baseball game?

37. What does Bella order the 1st time she goes into the diner?

38. What is the Forks high prom theme?

39. What food does Edward compare his diet to?

40. What is your favorite scene from the movie?

I'll post the answers in a few days.

14 comments:

Hooper Family said...

It was a great party - thanks for the fun!

Leslie said...

I attended a twilight party this weekend and stole a couple of your snack ideas to bring with me! Your party looks like it was a blast. Thanks for posting about it.

Bench Family said...

I'm sorry I missed the party, but I FINALLY saw the movie this weekend... I loved it! Although, I think I completely failed your quiz!

Familia Morales said...

That was such a fun party!

Sharon said...

The party was a hit and the hostess was perfect! Thank you Aubrey, I know putting all of this together couldn't have been easy :)

Lance and Lyndsay said...

You are so fun and super creative, it was a great party!

Coolcam said...

You always do the CUTEST things!! I think I am going to have to do my own Twilight party now!! Fun stuff!!

Jen said...

Looks like so much fun. As always, you are totally creative!

Noah's Mommy said...

I found your blog from a twilight party search. I enjoyed the pics and ideas. Are you going to post the answers to the trivia questions?

Brandy said...

Hello I came across your blog and it looked like you had a great time!! I too am about to host a party and I was wondering if I could get the answers to the quiz!! That would be so cool to have!! Thank you so much!!

Brandy said...

Also, where did you get the Big Chess pieces?? Those are so COOL!! Thanks

Aubrey said...

The Chess bookends are from Barnes and Noble...aren't the great! Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Brandy said...

Aubrey....Thank you so much!! I am so going to check out those Big chess pieces...they rock!! Thank you so much for the answers that is so awesome!! Thanks again

JesD said...

Please, please, please... can I get the answers too?? jesjsbd@gmail.com The party rocked! Great job!