Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Twilight Day!


It's no secret that I am a huge Twilight fan. I am so excited that the movie is finally here! I went to see the first showing (1:00) today. We arrived at the theater about a half hour early (with tickets in hand) at the exact same time as two school buses! Seriously, the Pea Ridge School District bused their kids to Twilight. High School wasn't that cool when I was there.

So we hurried into the theater to nab seats before the swarm of teeny-boppers got off the bus.

I am not making this up...we seriously got scolded for running by the lady taking the tickets!

For the record, we weren't actually running...we were walking briskly.

So I'm guessing we looked like a couple of over-excited 16 year olds. I suppose I should take that as a compliment! I guess she didn't expect a 29 year old to come to the theater with "Twilight" across her chest.

We were like giddy teenagers sitting in the theater, and we weren't disappointed. The movie was great. There were a few parts that weren't perfect, but I'm not going to spoil anything (although you pretty much know what happens)! I'll give my full review after you have all had time to go see it :)

I really love the story of how this movie came to be. When I first became a fan of the books, I read on Stephenie Meyer's website that there was going to be a movie. I was SO excited. Well, the rights to a movie had been purchased, but there was no actual movie planned. I was hopeful.

I noticed that it was going to be an MTV movie. MTV made a modern version of Wuthering Heights that I like, so I thought this would be about the same speed.

Then one day I read on the website (yes I was on there too frequently) that the movie was not going to happen. Paramount (who owns MTV Films) decided that it wasn't going to make the movie after all.

Not popular enough? Not a good enough story?

Fast forward a bit, and a tiny studio named Summit bought the rights. They took a gamble, and it paid off. Big time.

I just love stories like that. You've got to take a chance. And now we finally have our movie!

Here is me and my sister before we went out to dinner. Notice it's "twilight" outside! I wore my Twilight shirt all day to celebrate Twilight Day!

2 comments:

Rachel Benefield said...

We should have a "special" book group meeting after everyone has watched the movie to discuss it.
I'm glad you liked the movie!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you liked the movie! I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow!!! And I say "Ditto" to Rachel's comment. :D