Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm in love with a boy named Drew...and my husband's happy about it

It all started in the fall of 2008...

My Fantasy Football team was hot- with Tom Brady leading the way. Then in the very first play of the very first game...Tom Brady was out for the entire season. I wasn't feeling so hot anymore.

Luckily, I had a backup quarterback. His name was Drew Brees and it was love at first game. I watched every Saints game that I could that season and discovered that my backup quarterback who I had known little about WAS AWESOME!

So I became a Saints fan and Aaron got to watch more fotball then he ever dreamed.

In the fall of 2009 I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to draft my Drew, as more and more people were becoming aware of his awesomeness. Luckily, in the end he was all mine!

So I did what any girl would do...I signed up for NFL Sunday ticket.

I was not going to miss ANY Saints games this season!

You can probably imagine a husband's delight the day he finds out that his wife has subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket and every single NFL game of the season will be available at the click of a remote.

My sister became a football fan before I did. (Aaron thinks her husband is a genious for getting her involved with Fantasy Football and therefore securing football season bliss and he is forever indebted to this brother-in-law for getting me addticted as well.) Anyway...this sister and BIL are die hard Colts fans. Early in the season, we started hoping for a Colts-Saints superbowl.

And what do you know!

So of course we had to get together and trash talk last night.

Here is me and my Colts fan sister Lindsey. You can tell that this picture was taken BEFORE the game...because she is smiling!



My kiddos had so much fun getting ready for our little party. They wanted to decorate the whole house. I am so pround of my little Saints fans! I warned them that Uncle Brett and Aunt Lindsey would try to lead them over to the dark side...but they resisted!

Here is our table display. Very fair!


My football shaped cheeseball


Here are three of my cuties in front of the Saints shrine that we made. They really wanted to wear black and gold...but I made them put on their pj's.


Aiden and Anna


Abbott and Adeline at the "Peyton Manning Table". Brett loved my little nickname!


Me and my honey...he'll cheer for the Saints if that's what it takes to have a football loving household!

Abbott made this little "flag" to use during the game. It is a yellow plastic cup with a couple of straws attached to a yellow balloon. Whenever there was a flag thrown, he would toss it in front of the TV. It was pretty cute.
And, of course, the best part is that they WON! Most people thought the Colts were sure to be holding the Vince Lombardi Trophy. I actually had a random guy come up to me at Barnes and Noble (I was wearing my Saints tee) and asked me if they were going to win. I said "heck yeah!" and he said "no they're not!"
Well here you go!
Isn't he cute?


I love you Lindsey and Brett...but ole' Peyton just couln't get it done! Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Rachel Benefield said...

I love the Saints too! I grew up going to the super dome with my grandpa!!! I was soooo excited for there win!!! WHO DAT!!!

Familia Morales said...

I'll sit at the 'Peyton Manning table' loud and proud! I'm okay with the Saints winning just because it's the first time, but the Colts will always be my team.

By the way: love your football cheese ball, too cool!

Hooper Family said...

I love the way you "went the second mile"! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We missed you though!

Lacey said...

All I have to say is Peyton Manning let them win. J/K. I have been in love with Peyton Manning for 3 years now. Marshal loves that I'll sit down and watch football whenever Peyton is on the screen. Until next year when the Colts go to the Superbowl again and kick someone's behind.

Chelsie said...

This was a really funny post! And I looooved your cute football cheeseball, SO cute! I can't get over that little thing. I'm glad your husband is such a lucky guy and he seems to know it. See you soon!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Such a fun party, I too am a fan of your football cheeseball, not huge fan of football though! Aaron is so lucky and I'm sure he knows it- who would imagine the WIFE buying NFL Sunday Ticket. You have set the bar high for all us other wives, Darrell is lucky for me to watch an hour with him!
I did think of you when the Saints had the interception (Aiden told me what it was called ont he way to school yesterday) I figured you and your sister were probably having some serious trash talk then!