Thursday, February 4, 2010

Abbott the Wrestler

Abbott started wrestling this year and he LOVES it! It is exhausting- physically and emotionally- and he is doing great!

Saturday was his first tournament. He put on his singlet (did you know that's what the leotard-thing is called? I am learning so much!), trudged through six inches freshly fallen snow, and entered the world of wrestling tournaments.

His best buddy Henry was there. Here they are warming up together.






They don't wrestle each other...Abbott is in an ummm "higher" weight class. He used to be a bean pole like his brother, but now that kid eats more pizza than his dad! As a side note...this is particularly annoying because all of Aiden's "slim" jeans (that he wore with the tabs cinched all the way in) don't make it all the way around Abbott (with the tabs let out). We told him that if wrestling is his future, he will have to "manage his weight class", which means less pizza.

Isn't he the cutest little wrestler? Don't tell him I said that!



Here is a video of one of the matches:



He was a little bummed that he didn't win his matches, but he was thrilled to learn that 4th place gets a medal. So here he is (post shower) beaming...ok, maybe hulking is a better word...with his 4th place medal. We're so proud of you Abbott!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe how big Abbott has gotten! Crazy! He is so cute in his wrestling outfit!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Welcome back to the blogging world!! Abbott did so good- I do have to say I cringed when ever that boy would get on his chest to hold him down though. I guess that's why I have all these girls!

Chelsie said...

I love blogging! I would know nothing about my friends older children if it weren't for it. So I'm glad you posted!