Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July

Our 4th of July was perfect. Just the right mix of food, family, fun, and relaxation. On Thursday evening our subdivision had a party with fireworks and lots of fun stuff for the kids. I am the newest member of the Wildwood POA Board (oh, I'm so important!) and this was my first event to help out with. I am going to use this as my excuse for forgetting my camera! (Alissa...if you read this...send me some pictures from that night! It was a huge success and I met lots of new people. I have to admit though, I spent most of the evening in my comfort zone...next time I will get out there more :)

Friday we planned to have a garage sale (for the second weekend in a row) but it was rained out. Bummer, but at least we got to sleep in.

There was a big party at the church that evening. The kids got to decorate their bikes and put on a little parade.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


After the parade we headed to the community fireworks. It was an amazing show! The kids had a blast in the muddy field. Anna did not like the loud fireworks and kept her fingers in her ears the whole time!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The next day we went to pick blueberries! This is one of our FAVORITE things to do. The kids did great. I was especially impressed with Anna's dedication. She was so careful and such a trooper! I think we ate as many blueberries as we put in the buckets.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Good for you for joining the blogging world. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Darrell and Alissa said...

So glad you found a cute background!! Just to warn you about pyzam- if you change your background, all your sidebar things will have to be retyped- SO HAVE THEM WRITTEN DOWN SOMEWHERE! I about cried the first time I changed it and had to hunt down all my friends blog pages- no fun! We do have pictures from the 4th- I'll send them to you!

Nicole said...

I could see all your pictures this time, so reposting them worked! I love the last one of Anna. So cute!!

Hooper Family said...

I love the blog Aubrey! It really turned out cute!!