Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ice Cream for Dinner...seriously!

I have decided to start a new Patterson tradition. Once a summer, we will have ice cream for dinner! I can't claim credit for the idea. I heard about it on an episode of Jon and Kate Plus Eight and I thought it sounded like so much fun! On my weekly grocery shopping trip I bought four different kids of ice cream and hid it away in the outside freezer waiting for the perfect night.

I set the table with my brightly colored fake fiestaware bowls. The kids groaned...bowls mean soup, chili, or something else meant only for adults.

I told them it was a surprise...and when Aaron got home I told him the same thing. When they were all playing in the other room, I set it out. I called them to dinner, and you should have seen their faces! I wish I had captured it on film! I kids were ecstatic and Aaron thought I had lost my mind.

I was worried he was going to have me committed, but he just said “you guys are so lucky to have such a fun mom!” I thought that was very sweet.


 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Corey, Kelle, and Jack Franklin said...

I'm going to have to adopt this idea! I love it.

You are such a cool mom. :)

Darrell and Alissa said...

We are adopting it too!

Joanne, Duane said...

We used to do the same sort of thing only with strawberry shortcake for dinner in the summer.